Friday, June 28, 2013

Pioneer Day Singing Time - 6/21

Want a really great idea for Pioneer Day Singing Time?  I will be out of town and am giving the sub a few options, but LOVED THIS idea from www.AFprimarysingingtime.com.  Love that blog.

Here is a recap (copied straight from her blog):


Okay, so here's something that I've wanted to do since last year:

I would love to use blackout curtains (I got permission to purchase some, but never did) to make the room really dark.  Then, using some pieces of firewood, some white Christmas lights and some red/orange fabric, make an indoor "campfire."  You could make the fire as elaborate as possible...(I wonder if I have a little fan...?)  Put all of the chairs away and have the kids sit on the ground around the fire and have a fireside sing-along.  We have some musicians in our ward, so it would be really cool to have someone bring a guitar and/or a fiddle to play some pioneer tunes.  I would love to have one of the men in our ward sing "Come, Come Ye Saints" a capella or with a violin, just to bring in a reverent spirit.  If you don't have access to instruments, you could always download songs onto your iPod/mp3 player/smartphone/etc.

This idea could go several different ways, but I think it would be so fun to do something out of the ordinary, not just sitting in chairs and singing program songs.

The other options I gave my sub are THIS and THIS Elaine Shankly Pioneer Games idea.

No comments:

Post a Comment