I've been wanting to try the infamous Paper Orchestra for ages. Keep the kids entertained with a single piece of blank white paper!? Yes please!! Many ideas are out there for this activity, here are my favorites, from SugarDoodle HERE.
1. Roll the paper into a tube. 'Toot' one of the verses or lines of the song or the chorus. Rotate which part you 'toot' so that the whole song is sung.
2. 'Snap' the paper - without tearing it - by holding the sheet loosely and then pulling taut. Great for "Popcorn Popping" 242.
3. Put the paper on your knees and slap it, tickle it, or rub it to make different noises
4. Clap to the beat of the song with the paper in between hands with palms together; try to keep the paper airborne between claps.
5. 'Do as I'm Doing' - let the kids make up ways to use the paper.
6. Crumple paper only on certain words.
At the end, if you do this activity in the winter, have the kids write their favorite song on the paper, crumple it up, and throw a 'paper snowball' at you. Then pick a snowball to sing!