Monday, September 2, 2013

Our Ward's Got Talent!!

Yesterday, our new chorister (yes, I was released, but since I'm in the Presidency now I will keep this blog updated as much as possible with both singing and sharing time ideas) did 'Our Ward's Got Talent!'.  I had heard of this idea but had never figured it out, and it was really fun to watch.

She told the kids she was SURE we had a lot of talent in the ward and hung up a sign saying '8th Ward's Got Talent!!' Three chairs were set up near the front for volunteer teachers/leaders to be the judges.  Each judge was given a set of score cards - one with one star, one with two stars, one with three stars, etc up to five stars.


On the board were papers with pictures of stars on them.  On the other side of each was a song name.  A Primary friend was picked to select a star, and then the kids sang their best while the leaders judged.  They had so much fun!  She even tied it into my Celestial Singing Poster - any total of 12 stars or more was Celestial, 8-11 or so was Terrestrial, and below that was Telestial.

Another tool she used to get Jr. Primary to sing LOUD was to tell them she bet she could sing louder than ALL of them!!  They were so excited to show her she was wrong.

I've asked her for her word doc for the activity, if she sends it I'll post it here for all of you.

No comments:

Post a Comment