Sunday, April 7, 2013

Song Bowling - 4/28

When I was first called as the Primary Music Leader, I picked up a bowling set at DI . . . but tonight remembered we have an INFLATABLE large bowling set that will be much easier for the kids to see.  Must use!


 
I wanted to do more than just line them up in  a straight line and have the kids aim for one (with a song on the bottom), so here is what I came up with:

- EARN steps forward by
answering trivia questions about the songs.  I will have three lines of masking tape in the center aisle.  They can stand at the furthest one, or can earn 1 or 2 steps forward by answering a song trivia question.  For Jr. Primary the whole Primary can raise hands for the answer - for Sr. anyone in their class can help.

- STRIKE! means they can pick a Wiggle Creature (they seem to be LOVING these so why not) or any song they want

- On the board I will have 5 columns (+ Strike FREE/WILD), with song names (and numbers, it helps the teachers) on word strips underneath each number.  Depending on how many pins are knocked down, the child may pick a song from that column.  Column 1 will have 1 song (the Mother's Day song), Column 2 will have 2 songs, etc.  So, if three pins are knocked down, they have to pick a song from the 3rd column. 

Yes, I am repeating certain songs across every column - the Mother's Day song medley and our song for the month take up Columns 1-3.  But, I want the kids to get them down and it's already the last week of April!  You could do them with all different songs.

SONGS:
Column 1: Mother Do You Love Me
Column 2: Mother Do You Love Me/Teach Me to Walk in the Light
Column 3: Mother Do You Love Me/Teach Me to Walk in the Light/I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ
Column 4: Mother Do You Love Me/Teach Me to Walk in the Light/I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ/I Want to Be a Missionary Now
Column 5: Mother Do You Love Me/Teach Me to Walk in the Light/I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ/I Want to Be a Missionary Now/Book of Mormon Stories - USE WAYS TO SING BOX
Column 6: STRIKE/WILD - Can pick any song they want - USE WAYS TO SING BOX

TRIVIA QUESTIONS: HERE

1 comment: