Obviously, the choice songs our Presidency picked might not line up with yours, but hopefully the others will be helpful.
2013 Primary Program Songs Trivia
I Am a Child of God 2
1. What does “His promises are sure” mean?It means we can be SURE that he will keep his promises – he will always be true to His word
2. This song originally said “teach me all that I must know”, but was changed at President Kimball’s suggestion. What did he ask that the song say instead?
Teach me all that I must DO.
3. How many things do we ask for in the chorus?- 5 - LEAD, GUIDE, WALK, FIND, TEACH
5. What do we want to be taught? Teach me ______?All that I must do.
6. Where do I want to live someday?With Him
7. Who sent me here?He – Heavenly Father, God
8. What has Heavenly Father given us?
9. Because I am a child of God, my needs are important. What word does the song use instead of important?
10. What glory has Heavenly Father promised us?
11. What must we do to earn celestial glory?
My Heavenly Father Loves Me 228
My Heavenly Father Loves Me
2. Why does the song say Heavenly Father gave us our eyes?
To see the beautiful color of things
3. He gave me my LIFE, my _______, my heart
4. How do we thank Him?
5. What does v. 2 say He gave us?
Eyes, Ears, Life, Mind, Heart
6. What color is a lilac tree?
7. Whenever I feel the _______ on my face
8. What do we see with our eyes?
The color of butterfly wings
9. What do we hear with our ears?
The magical sound of things
10. What do all of the beautiful things in the world help me to know?
That Heavenly Father loves me
When I Am Baptized 103
2. What do we like to look for whenever there is rain?
3. What do we want our lives to be as clean as?
EARTH RIGHT AFTER RAIN
4. When we are baptized, what are washed away?
5. If we live our lives the best we can, who will we live with again?
Heavenly Father and Jesus
6. Do we make mistakes even after being baptized?
7. Thanks to the atonement, how can we fix the mistakes we make?
8. We can be forgiven and ________
IMPROVE OURSELVES each day
Families Can Be Together Forever 188
2. Families can be together because of whose plan?
3. Who do I always want to be with?
4. What has the Lord shown me?
HOW I CAN ALWAYS BE WITH MY OWN FAMILY
5. Why will I prepare most carefully?
TO MARRY IN GOD’S TEMPLE
6. When we think of being with our families forever, how does it make us want to treat them?
7. When will I prepare most carefully?
WHILE I AM IN MY EARLY YEARS
A Child’s Prayer 12
2. What questions does the child’s part ask Heavenly Father?
Is He THERE, does He HEAR and answer prayers?
3. Some say that Heaven is ______
4. When do we feel Heaven close around us?
When we pray
5. What did Jesus tell His disciples long ago?
Suffer the children to come to me
6. How do we come to Him?
7. Is He listening?
8. Who does this song say Heavenly Father loves?
If the Savior Stood Beside Me
2. Would we think of his _________
3. Would I live more ________
4. Would I _______ the things I say
5. Would my words be __________
TRUE and KIND
6. Who is ALWAYS near us?
7. Do we see Him there?
8. Why are we in His “tender care”?
Because He love us dearly
I Belong to the Church of Jesus Christ 77
2. When they are baptized, what church do they officially become members of?
The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints
3. The song says “I know who I am”. Who are we?
Children of God
4. It also says I know God’s Plan. What plan?
The Plan of Salvation
5. How will we follow Him?
6. Who will we honor?
7. What will we do?
What is RIGHT
8. What will we follow?
9. What will we proclaim?
I Want to Live the Gospel 148
2. How will I try to live the gospel?
In all I do and say
3. How will I live?
As He wants me to do
4. Whose plan will I follow?
5. Where do we find his teachings?
6. When are we heard?
When we pray
Keep the Commandments 146
2. What are the two blessings this song says we receive from keeping the commandments?
3. Who said the words, “keep the commandments?”
A prophet. Many prophets have said this, but this song was written after a quote from Harold B. Lee, who said when he was ordained President of the church that it was the most important message he could give.
4. WHAT should we do?
Keep the commandments
5. WHY should we do it?
Safety and peace