Saturday, June 8, 2013

Ribbon Wands - 6/9 for Jr. Primary

 
I hopped onto the rainbow ribbon bandwagon for teaching "When I am Baptized" with Jr. Primary.  Mine are made from Popsicle sticks and curling ribbon from The Dollar Tree (as well as a dab of hot glue).  Of course, they don't have ALL the colors of the rainbow . . . but I think they will be fun anyway.  Jr. Primary has struggled lately and I hope these help tomorrow.  Since I didn't get to last week, this will also be a great time to talk about the points Camille made re: how the staccato parts SOUND like rain, and how the melody follows the shape of a rainbow.
 
*Update - they LOVED this!!!  Even the bigger kids loved coming up with actions to go with the song.  For once I had just about every kid singing.  GREAT tool

No comments:

Post a Comment