Friday, January 25, 2013

Traffic Light

My sweet little girl has had the flu . . . and I have been stuck home . . . so I figured it was time to do a couple of projects I'd been thinking about!!

Today I made a traffic light.  Instead of having the kids hold "STOP" and "GO" signs, I wanted something new and this is what I came up with.

I used some foam board, and rounded the corners.

Traced a ramekin, then used my trusty utility knife to cut out the circles 

I covered the rough edges with white electrical tape - makes it look nicer and keeps foam from falling out. 

I painted the whole thing black with acrylic paint, then duct taped a paint stick on one side (so they can hold the light with one hand and the flashlight with the other) and colored vellum behind each circle. 

The kids will get to hold the light with one hand, and shine a flashlight with the other to show when to SING, when to SING SLOW, and when to STOP!!!

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely LOVE this idea! I am making one today or tomorrow... but I can't seem to find colored vellum paper anywhere! Can you tell me where you found it please? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello, this weekend is good for me, since this time i am reading this enormous informative article here at my home. free type beats 2022

    ReplyDelete