Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Break-The-Egg/Dinosaur Egg Easter Idea

As you know, I've already planned out my Easter lesson.  Last night, though, I had another idea that I thought I would pass on for those of you looking for something NEW.

A few weeks ago, I saw this Pinterest pin about Dinosaur Eggs and thought it looked like a blast!!

 
You use: 1 1/4 cups dirt, 1 1/4 cups flour, 3/4 cups of salt, 1/2 cup of sand. Mix dry ingredients, then start adding water slowly until it holds form. Form around critters of your choice let dry in the sun.  The kids can break them open to discover the surprise inside.

I think it would be fun to do this for Easter!  You could pick some solid Easter objects, or something representing each song you want to sing, make the dinosaur eggs, and then PAINT them.  Of course, they will probably be lumpy and not perfectly smooth Easter eggs.  Paint a number on each if you like, and then let the kids have turns breaking them open. 

You'd probably need to do it on a cookie sheet or something to help with the mess, but I think it would be fun.  Let me know how it works if you give it a try!

No comments:

Post a Comment